Who am I and why am I making Magnetic Therapy Jewelry?

My name is Karin Wells and I am a portrait painter ~ not a jewelry maker. But right now, I am doing both.

In the Spring of 2014, I suddenly began to feel terrible pain in my knees and the arthritic symptoms quickly began to spread to my hands making it difficult for me to hold a brush. I lost strength in my hands. Each day, the pain increased as my joints became swollen and inflamed and hurt to touch.


This is a portrait I painted of Granny D. She was a firebrand who, at the age of 90, walked coast to coast  for Campaign Finance Reform. I experienced some discomfort in my hands when I was painting her, but at the time, I didn't know what to do about it other than take Ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation.

I was taking a lot of Ibuprofen to reduce the pain but it began to hurt my stomach. Depressingly, it felt as if my body had declared war on me.

In August, my husband Peter and I took a vacation. It was on that trip that the ball of my right foot became inflamed, swollen and deformed as it became increasingly difficult and painful to walk. 

I was beginning to think that my “normal” life was over and wondered how long I could continue ordinary activities like climbing stairs and walking short distances ....not to mention my ability to control a paint brush.



It was there that I met two people selling magnetic jewelry. They both had a story to tell that was similar to mine, but their outcome was happy and the turning point was when they “discovered” that magnets lessen pain and facilitate healing.

I bought a necklace, bracelet and anklet from them. By the end of the day I felt better. In a week I felt better still. And months later, my pain was completely gone. I wanted to order a second set and contacted the original seller. Unfortunately, they sent me hematite jewelry – not magnetite. It was ineffective. I accidentally got lucky the first time because it was the powerful Lodestone (magnetite) I’d bought that cut the pain and facilitated the healing.


After searching for other sources of magnetic jewelry, I found that much of it is mixed stones... and I figured that if I wanted Lodestone jewelry, I'd have to make it myself. So that's what I'm doing and I'm sharing it with whoever wants it. 

Therapy-grade Lodestone (also called magnetite) is powerful medicine that can be used to relieve aches and pains, reduce inflammation and increase blood circulation.




As I see people begin to use this high quality Lodestone jewelry, I am finding that their results are as dramatic as mine. I make the jewelry to fit - order by any size you want. 


Sincerely,


Karin Wells

Portrait Painter
Peterborough, New Hampshire
USA

Contact me at oilpnt(at)gmail(dot)com


Portfolio 


Teaching Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment